Technical Applications Specialist – Bilinguial Japanese/English
At Solido, we develop leading-edge chip design software that’s used by some of the world’s largest technology companies.
We’re looking for a talented, dedicated individual to join our technical team. This is an opportunity to be a key member of Solido’s team, responsible for driving the technical success of Solido’s customers as they use our products.
- Actively manage the technical relationship between Solido and selected customers, particularly those in Japan.
- Work directly with engineers and technology experts at major semiconductor companies to understand their needs and match them with Solido’s solutions.
- Ensure that new product evaluations are focused on delivering the highest-value capabilities to prospective customers.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for delivering increased value to Solido’s existing customers.
- Collaborate with Solido’s field applications engineers, software developers, and sales and marketing team to achieve your goals.
- Deliver training sessions and product demonstrations.
- Generate technical product support material, including application notes, case studies, whitepapers, training material, technical papers, scripts, and product demonstration examples.
- Travel frequently to Japan to visit customer sites, trade shows, and conferences when required.
We’re looking for the right person – regardless of your experience, if you have the talent necessary for this role, then we’ll train you on the rest of the details you need to know. Having said that, here are some skills you do need:
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or similar technology-based field.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – you’ll need to discuss complex topics with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and in English, both spoken and written.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix.
- The ability to get things done efficiently and thoroughly, and prioritize your work effectively.
- A desire to solve complex problems that often require technical investigation, research, and experimentation to resolve.
- A willingness to wear many hats and adapt to solving new challenges on a day-to-day basis.
- The ability to travel frequently to Japan to perform the duties of the position successfully.
In addition to working with some of the world’s leading technology companies, you’ll get to learn more about the electronic design automation, semiconductor, and software industries. You will also have an opportunity to learn more about advanced technologies for data sampling, regression modeling, fast analysis, circuit impact extraction, and more.
This position is located at our R&D headquarters in Innovation Place, in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
How to Apply: Apply by email to Kristopher Breen: kbreen [at] solidodesign [dot] com.